Overall the Walt Disney World Dining Plan entitlements & locations have not changed leaps and bounds from 2019. The BIG change going into place now is the separation of the child & adult quick service meal credits.
CLICK HERE to visit my page that explains what the 2020 Dining Plans offer.
Although Disney rules have always stated that children ages 3 – 9 must order off of the children’s menu where available, in the past quick service dining credits were not tracked separately for children and adults. This allowed children a little more freedom. If they didn’t like what was offered on the children’s menu, or maybe had larger appetites, they could order off of the adult menu.
Due to the credit separation loophole, families had found ways to order all adult meals with their quick service credits & share the larger portions in order to stretch the value of their dining plan. If you were one of those people, be prepared, if you order adult meals for your children age 3 – 9, you may end up with only child credits left to use.
Below is a screen shot in the Disney app showing the credits available & the credits used.
Keep in mind that Disney is closing a loophole in their tracking system. Their rules have always stated that children 3 – 9 must order from a child’s menu.
Will this affect your decision to add a Disney dining plan to your next Walt Disney World vacation package? What are your thoughts on this change? Add your voice to the comments below.
Let me help plan the details of your Walt Disney World Vacation!
Which hotel is the right fit for your family? Where to dine, attractions, crowds and all that goes along with planning a vacation is a lot to think about. With a Disney-focused travel agent by your side, you can plan as much or as little as you desire. My planning assistance all comes at NO additional cost to you and is based on countless hours of personal experience.
- Receive a welcome packet when you book, with park information & a custom planning calendar.
- Dining reservation assistance. Let me help you make your dining reservations for those popular Disney Restaurants. *based on availability
- Fastpass+ assistance. Undecided on which attractions are the best for your family? I’m happy to help you plan to utilize your Fastpasses to your advantage and will also provide assistance making those reservations *based on availability
- Itinerary plans and printed itinerary with added suggestions to optimize your day and your experiences.
- Fee-Free Planning. All of my planning assistance is complimentary when you book your trip through me, you will get all of the services that Disney offers, plus the personalized service that I offer.
- Custom Client Portal – I always like to stay on top of the newest technology and once you are booked, we can set up a free client portal where we can share documents & you can view details about your vacation.
- Help planning visits to other Orlando area attractions outside of the Disney theme parks. If you are considering adding other Orlando attractions to your vacation, why not get assistance from someone who is local and has been there?
You get all of this complimentary planning, and more, when you book your Disney vacation through Melissa of Pixie Dust Adventures (me). Click here to visit my website & fill out a quote form, or contact me so we can set up a time to chat about your dream vacation.
Thank you for reading. My name is Melissa and I am a Disney fanatic, I’m also a travel agent. You will find me almost every weekend in one of the Disney theme parks with my family exploring all of the newest things that Disney has to offer.
Melissa Mathies – Pixie Dust Adventures