There have been rumors that Disney is working on a new private beach in the Bahamas. We all can’t help but think about their three new ships scheduled to hit the high seas in 2021, 2022 & 2023. Will the new ships visit the new private beach or sail to Castaway Cay? Will the project even be done by 2021? I personally think that they may need a little more time, but it is likely that we will see a new private beach area by the time the third ship sails in 2023.
The Los Angeles Times has recently released some new news surrounding this project.
Officials in the Bahamas have issued tentative approval for Disney Cruise Line’s plan to construct and operate a cruise port on the island of Eleuthera.
According to the Los Angeles Times, the project would be built on a 746-acre piece of land the company already agreed to purchase. The plans call for the building of “a pier, shops, marina, restaurants and walkways through nearby forests and around salt ponds.”
Travel Pulse has stated that although the project would create jobs, it has met with some resistance from from the locals who had a rival plan to develop the southern tip of the island into a park that features a small condo/hotel project, canoe rentals, a dive center and horseback tours.
Although The Bahamas has possibly issued preliminary approval for the project on Friday, the island Chain’s Parliament will still need to agree to a specific set of terms & conditions as well as the proper safety and environmental testing.
Everyone who has been on a Disney Cruise and has stopped in Castaway Cay, can understand why this private island paradise in the Bahamas is so popular. With three new ships set to sail in the coming years, Disney’s private island experience will definitely be due for an expansion.
Let me help plan the details of your Disney Cruise Line Vacation!
Which ship & itinerary is right for your family? Which excursions, spa, onboard & character reservations should you make? With all that goes along with planning a vacation is a lot to think about. With a Disney-focused travel agent by your side, you can plan as much or as little as you desire. My planning assistance all comes at NO additional cost to you and is based on countless hours of personal experience onboard all four of Disney Cruise Line’s ships.
- Receive a welcome packet when you book, with ship information & a custom planning calendar.
- Dining reservation assistance. Let me help you make your dining reservations for those popular onboard Restaurants. *based on availability
- Port Adventure assistance. Undecided on what to do in each port of call? I’m happy to make recommendations and will also provide assistance making those reservations *based on availability
- Itinerary plans and printed itinerary with added suggestions to optimize your day and your experiences.
- Fee-Free Planning. All of my planning assistance is complimentary when you book your trip through me, you will get all of the services that Disney offers, plus the personalized service that I offer.
- Custom Client Portal – I always like to stay on top of the newest technology and once you are booked, we can set up a free client portal where we can share documents & you can view details about your vacation.
- Help planning visits to other Orlando and Cocoa Beach area attractions. If you are considering adding other Orlando attractions (Like Walt Disney World) to your vacation, why not get assistance of someone who is local and been there?
You get all of this complimentary planning, and more, when you book your Disney vacation through Melissa of Pixie Dust Adventures (me). Click here to visit my website & fill out a quote form, or contact me so we can set up a time to chat about your dream vacation.
Thank you for reading. My name is Melissa and I am a Disney fanatic, I’m also a travel agent. You will find me almost every weekend in one of the Disney theme parks with my family exploring all of the newest things that Disney has to offer.
Melissa Mathies – Pixie Dust Adventures